Yag (Yet Another Gameboard) is a networked virtual RPG table with the following features:
- Client/server architecture (one player is the server, other players are clients connected to the server)
- Yag is agnostic to any rule, it can be used for any game
- Embedded LUA scripting, allowing:
- character sheets automation
- dice behavior (keep high/low, exploding…)
- generally any customization
- Built in help with tooltips and a complete help panel
- Procedural scenes (many different themes that can be mixed together, lots of option to customize scenes)
- A lot of 3D animated miniatures both for characters and creatures.
- Characters can be equipped with a lot of various weapons/shields
- Any character can ride any creature
- 3D dice rolling according to the law of physics
- 3D dice entirely and easily customizable (faces and values)
- Dice result are automatically read and displayed to everyone in a journal
- Simple character sheets management allowing to prepare automated dice rolls
- Possibility to import any picture from the net, that can be used as characters, objets, or maps.
- Many saving options (see the full features list for detailed info)
- Many game options (Dungeon master, customizable time of the day, square/hexagonal grids, etc), see the list of detailed features
Yag was primarily designed with medieval fantastic rpg’s in mind: all the 3D assets are medfan oriented. But through pictures importing from the net, it can be used for any game/universe that requires maps, pawns and dice.